Sunday, April 20, 2008

What..?

My fiance had to take a course on public speaking for whatever reason. The interesting part of the course was that the students then graded and commented on the presentation. So I was looking at the comments and I was down right floored by some of them... These students could not use proper vocabulary, could not formulate a decent sentence and could barely spell.. While it was not all of them, I was amazed at how far some students can get simply by flying under the radar.

Now, I'm well aware that not everyone has a thesaurus on hand, and not everyone is Willy Shakes, and that's fine. But one would assume that by the time you reached college you could formulate a simple sentence. But no.. not these students. If I had graded the 20 responses I read, 15 would have failed.

I'm an easy grader too.

2 comments:

Susan Mascolo said...

Yea...I see a lot of that here. It's really bad.

Dr. Luongo said...

No comment ;)